Please Note: GEF staff are working remotely in order to practice social distancing to keep all of us safe and healthy. We will respond promptly to emails and voicemails. Thank you for your support!
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus and the closure of schools in March 2020, Goochland Education Foundation (GEF) partnered with the Community Foundation of greater Richmond and other local donors to create the COVID-19 Food Assistance Program. Thanks to our generous donors, GEF donated almost $90,000 to provide weekly meals for hundreds of children and families in Goochland County.
We would like to thank the following for their extraordinary support of our COVID-19 Food Assistance Program:
- Todd and Betty Sue LePage Family Fund of the Community Foundation of greater Richmond
- Mrs. Martin L. Giles
- Mr. George W. St. Clair
- John and Kristina Heidel
- Reinhart Foundation
- Community Foundation of greater Richmond COVID-19 Response Fund
With the Goochland County School Board’s approval of a Distance Learning Plan for the start of the school year, GEF suspended its regular programming and shifted its focus to the technology needed to support distance learning. With that shift, GEF has raised and donated $73,000 for:
- iPads and tripods for teachers
- Kajeet devices and broadband for students with limited connectivity
- Four mobile WiFi units built by the Goochland High School Robotics Team
- Earbuds that are integrated for communicating with teachers
If you would like to help GEF support Distance Learning for the start of the school year, please donate online